Monday 31 October 2011

Movember....

Ok so I have a post I have been thinking about but haven't manage to get a picture yet of the item I want to talk about.. But watch for the post about our book of life, it will be coming soon.

So as most of you can at least tell by the picture my love (given name Lyle) has a beard. Everyone we know pretty much has an opinion on the beard. Many don't love the beard, but as he knows and in the words of Ke$ha, "I love your beard." He knows how much I love the beard and this works well because he loves the beard too.
His lower face had not seen daylight for 10 months....until today that is. Now I promise that as soon as I can get the picture off his phone I will post his baby smooth face on the blog.
The reason for the shave... Movember. His school program has had two professors battle prostate cancer in the last year, one of whom lost his life to the battle. SO in honor of these men the boys are fundraising and growing moustaches. I am still not sure how I am going to feel when Lyle has a full grown creeper stache, but I will love him anyway. I just might take a lot of photos for future use...like the wedding slideshow :)
So tonight I got some Skype time in order to check out the face, I was unsure of how I would feel. Obviously I would still love him, I was just afraid I might be shocked. It's been a year and 8 months since I last saw him with no facial hair. Seeing him today just made me happy, I will love that face clean shaven or fully bearded and lets be honest probably any stage in between. He makes me smile everyday, I guess that's why I am marrying him!

P.s. picture now added, this is Lyle and his cat Polly.

6 comments:

  1. aaawww I totally know how you feel. When I came home from work today Kelly surprised me with his clean shaven face. It was a bit of a shock but like you say I will love that face clean shaven or fully bearded. I've never seen Kelly with the creepy movember stache let's just say I'm glad movember only lasts one month, it's going to be a hilarious month of photo taking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH!!! How I wish we could get them together at the end of the month to get a shot of the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see pictures! I've never seen him without his beard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Lyle looks so different!! I think I like the bearded face(maybe it because it is the only way I've seen him!!) Have a fun month:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I kind of like Movember. To see all those suave or creepy stashes. How fun! And for a good cause I think we can handle it for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Heather I think we must get together and take movember photo's of our men! Best Idea ever and it MUST find a way to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete