Monday 23 November 2015

One Blog

I have been meaning to write for months now. Jack's birth story, new milestones, life happenings, so much has gone on that I should be recording. I kept procrastinating, not sure which blog I should post in, and I never posted. This morning that is changing. I am coming back to our original blog because I want to just keep one record. 

I Choose You was a phrase Lyle and I used a lot while we were dating and engaged. It meant an active choice and commitment to each other and our relationship. It also now reflects my commitment to myself, to be the best person I can be in all my roles. There are moments I choose to spend time on myself, to be who I want and need to be so that I don't look back and wonder where I went. I also choose my son. Jack has changed my life for the better, he is an absolute delight and he teaches me every day. There are things in my life that have and will change because he is present. Things I will give up because they pull me away from precious time with my family, things that take too much of me and leave me less capable of putting energy in to bettering the life of my family.

I choose to write because I find it therapeutic. I choose to write because I want to be able to look back on these times and remember them. I choose to write because I want my family to know what's going on even if we are spread apart. I choose to write because I am a social being and love engagement, I want our friends to be involved in our lives. I choose to write because I am learning so much, and if sharing that can help someone else even to just feel like someone else is in a similar boat then it is worth it. I choose to write because I need to write and be grateful for all of my life experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment